Sunday, August 7, 2011

Well now I have no excuses

They have finally put a gym in our compound. A few weeks ago they came around and asked what machines people would want, so apparently they have arrived. I know there is an elliptical and treadmill, which I would really like to use for the C25K program. I am not a runner by any stretch of the imagination, but I would like to be able to keep up a good jog without feeling like my chest is about to explode.

Ok, I just bought the app, so there is no turning back now. I'm bound and determined to finish it ahead of schedule and actually keep it up when I get back to the US. This place has the ridiculous ability to make people gain weight with nobodies business. I will not let it get me down any longer. The gym is about 50 feet from the house, there isn't really an excuse now.

Next week is the big non-interview interview with my firm. I'm looking forward to it, just to give me an idea about where I stand job-wise. I have at least a few leads for in school jobs to help with expenses and possibly enough for tuition in the spring. That would be amazing, but we'll see if anything pans out. So many things going on on the job front, I just need one yes to make me feel better. It's like during the law school application process, I applied to over 30, but once I got into 1 I knew I was going to be ok. Even for a job just in school will help with the stress of finding one after school. Some of the ones I have applied for might actually work out for after I graduate. Fingers crossed for the first yes.

2 comments:

  1. The first yes is key. Good luck with the running program. I didn't stick with it enough -- gonna start again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed it is. Well I'm only on day one, so we'll see how long I last!

    ReplyDelete