Monday, October 17, 2011

Sleep Deprived

Being pregnant, having a 10 month old and passing the halfway point in a semester where I need to write 90 pages isn't really going that well.  I am so tired, I can't tell which part of it is pregnancy and what part of it is the fact that Z refuses to sleep through the night. I build the stupid crib and she'll sleep in it for her first sleep of the night from about 7:30-11:30 and then she's miss fussy.  If I just try to go over and rub her back and give her a bottle, she is fine until I lay down.  Once I do she pipes up again.  It's difficult since we're in the same room, maybe I should think about sleeping on one of the sofas in the rec room.  The other issue with letting her cry it out is that there are other people in the house.  She can't go sleeping bloody murder and keep everyone upstairs awake.

Now that work is over, at least I can sleep while she is at school.  I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to Wednesday morning after drop off.  I also bought one of those Jillian Michaels workout dvds.  I've been so remiss in not working out since Z was born.  When I was pregnant with Z, I was working out 4 or 5 days a week and that kept me to a 15 lb weight gain throughout my whole pregnancy.  I miss working on the machines and really feeling physically challenged.  Post baby, I have gained about 25 lbs.  No excuse.  I will begin working out again.  Not crazy intense, but I definitely need to work on ab strength because I can already feel my back spazing out.  I'm determined to not gain much again, trust me, the baby has plenty to live off of if I don't pack on the pounds.  I will get back on the couch potato to 5k program and hopefully be able to get some energy back and have a sound nap after the  morning workouts.  I really wish one of these were taking place near me because this would definitely be motivation to get me moving!  Now this is my kind of run, one where you actually fear for your life!!

Once we're back home in Feb, Liam has arranged for us to take private kettle bell lessons.  She works specifically with pregnant women, so I'm really looking forward to the challenge.  I'm so excited to have this time to myself to finally get work done, exercise and SLEEP!!!!

Z's loving school, as usual, and the activities they are doing with them really makes me happy she's there.  It costs an arm and a leg, so I guess it better be good, but they are doing tons of painting, reading, imaginative play and getting her to eat a lot more than she does with me.  She also gets the play with the big kids for an hour or so each day because she's the only one walking in her current class.  She likes to help the teachers by bringing toys to the little babies and also chase around the kids that are still crawling.  They are also finally getting her to wear her shoes!

(Not these, but aren't they adorable? I can't wait until we take these outside with a snow suit!!)

Paper topics are coming fast and furiously now.  I have three of them, I just need to meet with my profs to discuss how I will go about the research and writing of the papers.  I'm finally starting to get into the semester...halfway in.  My two exams will take place in mid-Dec and I don't think they will be too much to worry about.  Paper topics, begin researching an outlining this week and start writing next week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment