Friday, December 2, 2011

Actually Making Progress

I've gotten an extension on another one of my papers (2 were granted automatically to the whole class by the profs), so now I have 1 paper, 1 projects and 2 exams to get done in 2 weeks.  I'm halfway finished with my paper, will be about 1000 words closer by the end of the day.  This means I'll have about 2000 more words to complete over the weekend and I know I can do it.  

Now that I have more time for my papers and they are all due about 2 weeks apart from each other I'm feeling so much better.  I'm at least halfway finished with my project and my exams, well I'll have a good amount of time to really get studying on those without distractions.  Talking to Liam has made me a bit of a crab, but I think he knows that how I am as I start to feel stressed.  If I hear him say how tired he is one more time I might just scream.  I know that of course everyone gets tired, but when I'm doing research while we're having our daily video chat, after being woken up 2 or 3 times during the night by Z, getting up at 7am, getting her dressed and off to school and I'm trying to scarf down some breakfast before I start writing, all while gestating a baby! that's not what I want to hear.

Heartburn is back with a vengeance!  I seems like it's hitting earlier this time than it did last time, but I might just not have been paying attention to when it came up before.  It's not at bad as it was at the end of the pregnancy with Z, where I was literally sleeping sitting up propped up by pillows, but it's not so great.  It's kind of all of the time, which is a bummer, but I guess I'll need to buy Tums in bulk.  

Z is still such a little cutie and I do love it so much when she comes home after school.  The whole family (most of my brothers and sisters, grandparents, perhaps my uncle's family, plus one or two other cousins) is usually here eating dinner/just finished eating dinner and she just gets to play with everyone.  She'll usually eat some dinner, some of grandmom's great cooking, and then bedtime.  It really is a nice routine and I'll definitely miss it when we leave.  It will just be me and Liam...not the busy busy house she's used to here.  I really think having everyone around has made her a really independent, physical kid.  She wants to run around like the big kids, she's free to explore and no one person really has to keep a sharp eye out for her because there are 10 other people in the house.  She can crawl upstairs, leaving me downstairs because she knows grandpop is upstairs, head on over to the kitchen because grandmom is there and down into the rec room because all of the kids are down there.   I know I'll miss having everyone around and I'm sure she will too, I guess that just means we're going to have to look into some playgroups in addition to school once we move.

Break over, back to the writing...

1 comment:

  1. So happy that things are coming together... though yeah, omg preg heartburn is the worst.

    ReplyDelete