Monday, December 19, 2011

The Slow Crawl

The slow crawl to finishing the semester.  This semester won't actually be over for me until Jan 30th, about 4 weeks unto my 6 week spring semester.  I have papers due pretty much every 2 weeks until then. I've started working on all of them, so I just need to sit down and bang out a few pages per day.  It is doable, but won't be pretty with all of the family time we'll be having.

While the paper situation doesn't bode well for a stress-free holiday season, it will keep me from going freaking insane.  I've bought most of my Christmas presents through Amazon about 5 min ago and look forward to wrapping them/throwing them in a bag.  Both Liam and I have gotten about 2 gifts for one another and we've only bought Z one present.  She's gotten about 10 already from aunts, uncles, godparents, etc, so I don't really think she'll mind at all.  I'm mainly buying serious amounts of supplies for the BIG MOVE!!!  It's hard to even express how much I'm looking forward to being an actual together family for as long as we can put up with one another.  Once we move back we'll only be apart for a total of 13 days over the next year (barring any kind of work travel)!!!  I can't wait, but knowing I won't be coming back to the US has made me into a crazy must buy supplies freak.  Baking supplies: vanilla extract, dry active yeast, baked goodie packaging supplies; home stuff: baby clothes hangers, solar outdoor lights, baby toothbrushes and toothpaste, things like that that we can't get there, but you kind of need.  Now I'm just trying to rack my brain to remember everything I can physically fit in the suitcase and must have to be able to keep the happy smiles coming once I'm there.

We're looking forward to daily walks in a huge grassy park with fake bird noises, strolling through Dean and Deluca and not buying a single thing and making our back living room area into an awesome tumbling play area for Z complete with wedge mats and anything else we can get our hands on.  It's things like this that keep me going when I just want to get on a plane and go NOW!!! 9 more weeks until my time law school is completely over.  Ohhh I thought this time would never ever come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment