Saturday, February 25, 2012

Getting Settled

Still slightly sick, haven't written a lick, but Z starts nursery again this week.  I hope she really likes it and I think she will, but you never know.  She has adjusted quite well to the transition.  If anything she's talking a lot more since we left my grandmother's house.  She squeals with delight whenever she sees pictures of the family or video and we have yet to be able to set up a skype date with them.

I am still hacking up a lung most nights due to post-nasal drip and it's getting to be really really annoying.  I can't take anything for it!  Boo is moving around like a fiend and there are only 10 more weeks to go.  I still can't believe how nonchalant I'm being about the whole thing.  At this point the only thing I'm really worrying about is that something will happen and I won't be able to get an epidural.  Well that and a freak snowstorm in March that would make me miss my weekend class and royally f' up graduating in May.  It wouldn't be pretty.  Once Z is in school I'll be able to hop back into paper/reflection writing and get some things done.  Nothing is due until after March 10th, but I still want to make sure it happens much sooner rather than later.  Since there are no distractions at the house once Z is away there are no excuses.

It's just over 60 pages all together that need to be completed until finishing 3L!  I can't believe it.  Settling back into family life has been quite easy.  Dish washing, going for walks, making lunches/dinners, date nights, laundry and tidying up the house every night have been the mainstays of our life and I'm loving it! Liam heads out to the men's golf holiday in Thailand with his dad and the rest of the guys in a few weeks and after that we're looking forward to a vacation or two during the summer.  No other solo travel required. I forgot how nice it feels to not be commuting crazy distances every week, running around with a  lunatic and generally just living a life where people say "What the hell are you doing?".  Now the only people who ask that question are our friends who can't believe we're leaving the party at 11:30 because we need to let the sitter go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment