Well we've been HOME for more than a day now and it couldn't have come sooner. The outline version of the trip:
- Packed up the two vans with all of our luggage (4 large checked bags, 3 carry on suitcases, 1 large backpack, 2 car seats, 1 stroller, 1 diaper bag)
- Gave Z a bath and bottle and put her in the car
- Bad traffic getting to the airport, but that's the benefit of leaving 5 hours before the flight
- Arrive at the airport 2 hrs before departure and the check in gods get them to check 2 of my additional carry ons!
- Don't get stopped at security with any of my liquids! (Milk bottles, baby yogurt, sips)
- Head to the quiet lounge to pick up some food, drinks and change Z twice before the flight (YAY flying with B-Class with all my frequent flier miles)
- Board the flight, pull out 10% of the things I packed Z for the flight
- Try to entertain Z for 8 hours of the 13 hour flight because she only sleeps for 5...
- Eat as much as I can and order as much as I can, since I can't drink I'm getting as much out of this as I can, cause it's not going to happen for a long time
- Z promptly falls asleep during landing :(
- I carry her, my backpack, carseat and diaperbag off of the plane (hmm that was easier than I thought)
- Once on shuttle bus to terminal I realize I forgot my wheely suitcase in the overhead, facepalm
- Go through customs, wrangle two luggage dudes and collect bags in about 20 min...then have to wait another 30 for the bag from the plane, d'oh!
- Head out with all bags, baby, luggage dudes and see Liam waiting!
- Liam and 2 luggage guys completely load the 4x4, we have to put all the seats down but Z's with her seat
- Drive home, promptly collapse
I slept for much of Monday, Liam had to take the day off because I was in no shape to watch Z on my own. We went for a meal Sunday at Applebee's at the mall after I realized I hadn't eaten all day, but Z wasn't having it. The waitresses played with her while we scarfed down 15% of our meal, had everything boxed up, payed the check and left. We won't be doing that again for a while.
Now it's just unpacking that ridiculous amount of luggage and finding a place for it all. Maybe we'll head to the pool later today or just go for a walk. I can't wait to get into a rhythm here and stop feeling bad about everyone missing us at home.