Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Z's First Day at Nursery...Again

So we're back at the school where she back last summer.  It's so different from her other school and not in the good way, but I really really think we were seriously spoiled by school #2.  They were amazing, so much so that we might have to look into moving Z up to the next age group because she is way ahead of the other kids in her class (spoon feeding herself, can walk up/down the stairs, etc).  I can see just from today that I'm going to have to be very specific as far as what I want for her.  A detailed written out schedule, label all of her food with when she is to eat what.  They aren't exactly the best at putting 2 and 2 together.  I think it's just how things are here because parents can be so temperamental if their 3 year old isn't allowed to drink a bottle in class or things like that.  We will see how it goes, but if I see her moving backward after a week or so, we're going to have to make a change to her class or I'm going to have to get a whole lot more involved.

I'm camped out in the nursery, which thankfully has wifi, to watch her first day and make sure she's transitioning well.  So far so good, all of her old teachers were so excited to see her and how big she's gotten, so at least they didn't forget about us.  I've even been able to get some reading and writing done, so it's been a seriously productive day.  Liam is coming to pick us up in a couple of hours and I'm sure he'll be pleased with all she's done today.  I'm happy she seems happy and is playing well with everyone and no tears, not that I expected there for be any.

My next big task to tackle once I'm ahead with all of my writing will be the job search.  There are some solid leads, I just don't know how much I can really follow them right now since I'm only 10 weeks away from having another baby.  This puts me at least 20 weeks away from actually starting a job.  Most of the places I could talk to would probably be for immediate starts, i.e. in the next few weeks/over the summer. This wouldn't really work out at all.  So I'll keep networking and let people know about my plans, but that I wouldn't really be able to start anything for a four or five months.  Bummer.  Well since my whole crazy plan for getting through law school seems to have panned out I'm just going to stick to my guns and keep hustling to make the job thing happen.

  

2 comments:

  1. You are so much more focused than I am. If I was in your shoes I woul totally take the opportunity to be a SAHM for a good solid couple of months and use the excuse that I was still job hunting. Good luck with the job search and I hope the school still works out for Z!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think that will probably end up happening! I don't actually think I'll find a job before August, so I'll get a solid 5 months of SAHMing.

    ReplyDelete