Friday, March 30, 2012

Still Running

We are just getting back from an impromptu get together with a friend of mine who I haven't seen in about 3 years, who's visiting her dad for a week.  This was after a brunch for our other set of friends who are moving to New Zealand in 2 weeks.  At the impromptu get together I refound a friend who I also hadn't seen in 3 years, only to find out that they (husband, wife and triplet boys) are leaving the country in 9 weeks.  It was really great to talk to them and really felt like old times.  We laughed, drank some sodas and just chatted about our lives.  I forgot how good it feels to hang out with my friends as opposed to our friends.  Although it doesn't generally seem like a big deal, the cultural barrier sometimes means that we're speaking the same language, but not really hearing one another.  I guess this is a side effect of marrying someone from another country and hanging out almost exclusively with people from the UK.  Since I'm back full time now, I'm going to have to start cultivating some more ME friends as opposed to OUR friends via Liam. 

I still feel like we're just running to get settled.  I'm finally back, not seriously sick, Liam's back, FIL is here and our weekend is packed.  I'm looking forward to next weekend where we'll actually be able to relax and just veg.  Well at least until Boo arrives.  I still can't believe that it's actually happening.  I still think that this time of year 5 years ago I was trying to overcome my senioritis for undergrad.  The more things change the more they stay the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment