Monday, March 26, 2012

Strep

So that inability to eat, drink or swallow anything was probably a good sign that I should have gotten to a doctor sooner.  I was finally able to make it to the doctor's office a few days ago and I'm feeling so much better.  Of course this would happen while Liam was away and I had Z all on my own.  I'm glad she knows some sign language because that was the only way we were talking most of the days she was home alone with me.  She was a trooper and didn't seem to mind much.  She's with the exception of one night been putting herself to sleep.  I have no idea what brought it on or why she's doing it, but it's amazing.  We give her a bath, she drinks the bottle while she gets dried off and dressed in her pjs and then held while she finishes whatever's left.  After she's done with the bottle, she gets a couple more mins of cuddle time and then one of us puts her in the crib and she just talks or sings to herself until she goes to sleep.  Once she's asleep, she's out until the morning, so a good 11-12 hours.  It's the BEST!!! I just can't wait to fully appreciate a full night's rest when I'm not coughing continuously throughout the night. 

I have 4 more days until my next paper is due and about 3 more pages that need to be completed.  It will certainly be easier now that Liam will be back, Z's going to school tomorrow and I'm not praying for my throat to be removed.  We're settling in nicely to a new routine and once Liam's back it will be a long long time before we have to be separated again.  Score!  FIL will be visiting at the end of the week.  It's been almost a year since he's seen Z, so it will be interesting to see how that goes.  She loves pretty much anyone she meets, so I'm sure they will get along just fine.  I believe he's brought her some nice presents from his trip to Thailand.  We'll be going to a spring beach party with a mom's group I belong to this weekend with an Easter egg hunt, Bunny pictures and other fun things.  It will be a nice family day to spend with FIL and all of us together.

I still can't even grasp the fact that in 4 weeks (hopefully sooner) I'll be completely finished with all of the requirements for 3L and on my way to graduation.  I'll also be 38 weeks with a new baby just around the corner.  It certainly doesn't seem as crazy as it was last time.  Boo moves like a crazy mountain climber, but other than that and when getting up from low seats, I forget I'm pregnant.  Only 7 more days of my antibiotics, less than 30 pages to write and some serious relaxing to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment