Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter

We had a quiet Easter with the ham coming out of the oven at 10:30pm.  This gave us just enough time to eat some piping hot slices before we just wrapped it back up in foil and turned in for the night.  It will certainly be enjoyed throughout the week, but our planning wasn't exactly the best on that one.  Z decorated cookies and eggs over the weekend, which was pretty much just her eating the cookies and crushing the eggs in her hands and trying to eat the shells.  At least we didn't have to clean it up because we did it at one of the events for my mom group.  Liam was there once and once again had to stop himself from knocking out a 4 year old who knocked Z about 4 feet across the room with a kid ottoman.  She was more shocked than hurt, but still, not cool.  She didn't get an Easter basket, but she did get a chocolate bunny.  I really could have done some sort of egg hunt or something, but I'm tired pretty much all of the time now. 

Dishes, laundry,  and straightening up the house are pretty much the most housework I can get done on a daily basis.  Our anniversary is coming up next week and we've both agreed that we will not be getting one another gifts or any other types of presents.  I said we could both send one another an e-card/a little love note or something.  Unlike some women when they say they don't want anything for Valentine's Day/anniversary/etc, I don't want ANYTHING because I won't be getting him anything.  The thought of trying to find a gift, wrap it and all that just doesn't appeal to me at all.  I think Liam will probably buy me flowers, but he wouldn't expect reciprocation on that, so that's fine.  We're going out to our fondue dinner tomorrow night and that will be our anniversary celebration.  I'm also going to start Z at gymnastics classes this week and hopefully enroll Liam and Z in swimming classes starting next weekend.  We need to get her lessons because she doesn't fear water at all and we can't have her fearless and completely unable to swim. 

I've been getting a page a day for my papers and between those cleaning and writing I don't really have the creative drive I had when pregnant with Z.  It could have something to do with the crazy acrobatics that Boo is doing pretty much everyday.  With Z there were kicks here and there, but with Boo it will be hours of ridiculous gymnastics, which make it seriously difficult for me to get comfortable.  The whole "forgetting I'm pregnant" thing is nearing the end.  Hip pain, heart burn and general tiredness are the name of the game right now.  It's less than a month ago until we meet Boo and we went through our name list and found a boy and girl name that we both liked, so that's good.  Other than that there has been no preparation.  I guess I should pack my hospital bag or something.  The fact that Z was 9 hours late for her due date has made me pretty laissez faire about getting ready because I "know" I still have 4 weeks when in reality Boo could show up at any point starting now.  SCARY!!!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment