Sunday, April 29, 2012

That was quick! Announcing...

Baby girl Boo!  I started having contractions around 2pm, but didn't say anything to Liam until about 5pm.  We were at our friends' house and Z was playing with their kids and having a ball.  I knew last time I had a while from first contractions to delivery, so I wasn't worried.  I downloaded a contraction app to my phone and started tracking.  Pizza arrived, we all chowed down and by this time I had told Liam, so we went home after that with a slight detour to Chris's and told his wife (who had a stomach bug, ahh) that we might need their services later in the night.  At home Liam put Z to bed, while I finished the last page of my paper!  Things were getting a bit dicey around 11pm, so we decided to call Chris to stay with Z while we went to the hospital.  Thanks to Google Voice I was texting my mom and grandmom throughout to keep them up to date.  

After a quick check in through the ER, we were up to L&D.  I was seen by a doc at 12:15am, got my beautiful epidural at 2:00am, slept for 2 hours after calling my fam in the States, woke at about 4:00am, called Liam who was in the room and told him to get to L&D and Boo was born at 4:38am.  It was a lot quicker than last time and the recovery has been a whole lot smoother.  I actually took a shower and wore real clothes for part of today!  The girl gang came over to visit us and inform me that Boo's early arrival kind of spoiled my baby shower plans which was supposed to be today.   Oh well, the best laid plans...

Z came to the hospital yesterday with Liam and throughly enjoyed her little sister.  Now we just have to keep her from climbing on, poking or accidentally scratching Boo.  It will be interesting to see how things change as a family of 4!

   Boo!

13 comments:

  1. Aww, she's so precious!! congrats! Glad everything went smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you suddenly have a baby!
    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. I love the 'roar' part of the onsie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. It's called the Labor and Contraction Timer. It was $0.99. It helped me a lot because I would have never been able to keep track on my own, especially while pretending I wasn't actually having them.

      Delete
  5. She's beautiful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete