Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Feeling Busy

I thought after finishing with classes (OMFG I am finished with law school!!!!!) and having a baby things would calm down...it doesn't feel like they have.  We have been running around trying to get the birth certificate sorted out and then the passport, which is a whole other trial.  The job prospects are also looking up with an interview on deck for next week.  On top of all that, my mom and grandmom are flying in Sunday night!

My goals for the next week are:
  1. Shower everyday (a bigger goal than it may seem)
  2. Actually nap when Boo naps
  3. Do some intensive research for my interview
  4. Buy a gift for a 2 year old's bday this weekend (any suggestions??)
  5. Plan the "Welcome Boo/My family is here"party
  6. Start preparations for a big freezer meal cooking day with my mom and grandmom
Other than those things I'm completely and totally happy to just hang out with the kids and rest up.  I still can't believe I actually have kids, plural.  My recovery is night and day from the last time, so I actually feel like a semi-normal human being most of the time.  Walking, sitting, and laying down all require minimal effort, but I am worried about my back.  I can already feel it starting to give way, so I'm going to have to just try to get on the floor to hold Z instead of picking her up.  It makes me feel bad that I can't give her my undivided attention anymore,  but we have amazing neighbors who will just show up and ask to take her for a while, so she's not missing out completely.  Between that and one of my other neighbors, Sherry, who is a lactation consultant, I'm feeling like the luckiest person when it comes to the non-family I have around me.  Her knowledge is definitely coming in handy, Boo is not as good with the latching as Z was.  But she's still so adorable that the pain (hopefully over soon) is definitely worth it.


4 comments:

  1. For us, two was the year of kid books and DVDs. (Three was Play Doh, and Four, apparently, is hot wheels car racetracks.)

    Congrats on Boo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you are already going in for an interview. Hello, you just gave birth!! you are amazing! I keep getting weird feelings everytime I used kid in the plural too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't either, the email arrived when we were driving home from the hospital. But the position wouldn't start until September, so it would still give me a nice long while at home before returning to work. Kids...still weird!

      Delete
  3. Hi Izzie,

    I admit I've been a lurker on your blog, but decided to come out for this post, as we just had a bunch of friends give birth, so are very familiar with kids' presents. For a two year old, how about one of those night light things that display constellations and are shaped like animals?

    Here's one of a lady bug:
    http://www.amazon.com/Cloud-Twilight-Constellation-Night-Light/dp/B000VZKGYY

    Although the also come in turtles and in various colors.

    A sure crowd pleaser.

    As a graduating 3L and newly wed, I'd like to say congratulations on your triple accomplishments, being a wife, mom and soon-to-be lawyer. Here are some of my adventures if you want to check it out:
    http://dispatchesfromwonderland.blogspot.com/

    Cheers,
    Alice

    ReplyDelete