Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Sleepless Zombie B*tch

That's who I feel like right now.  The pressure of having family here for almost a month, trying to entertain them when it is face-meltingly hot outside and taking care of a newborn is making me a little crazy.  I stood in front of our open fridge for god knows how long trying to find a place for Z's lunch bag for school the next day.  Finally Liam had to come over and ask if I was ok.  I had pumped some milk earlier in the day for Melody to feed Z while I took my grandmother to see the Avengers.  This was my first time away from Boo and it was a toughie, also a toughie, staying awake during the movie.  It was really really great, but I just wanted to sleep.  Since I had pumped 9oz for Boo earlier, there was still another bottle left when we got home.  After the fridge staring incident, Liam promptly made my plate for dinner and then sent me to bed.  Boo has no problems taking my milk from the bottle, so it worked out really well.  She ate, I got almost 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep and my b*tch mode skipped down a few levels.  At this point I'm just trying not to have a snap at my grandmom for her little idiosyncrasies like trying to finish your sentence for you even if she has no idea what you're going to say next or never knowing what is going on during a tv show or movie.  And I'm trying not to begrudge Liam his after work naps, but when he wakes up from them and still says he's tired, I want to crazy murder him!  But once grandmom is gone and I get my daytime naps back I'll be less of a crazy, zoned out, person and more of my only semi-sleep deprived self.  It is amazing that getting two 3-hour sleep sessions at night with a wake up around 5:45am and one 2-hour nap during the day can feel like you're really lucky in the sleep department.  

3 comments:

  1. >>>I'm trying not to begrudge Liam his after work naps, but when he wakes up from them and still says he's tired, I want to crazy murder him!

    THIS. 100%. I understand hubby wakes up super early -- its why I sleep (ha!) in the living room with the baby with a bassinette (also ha! usually walking/holding). But I want to crazy murder my husband when he goes to bed at 10, wakes up at 4 and complains about being tired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How the hell do these babies know the second you sit down with them? I feel like the rocking and bouncing is the same when I try to make that transition when I just can't stand walking in circles in the living room anymore!

      Delete
    2. I know! Good luck, you'll survive!

      Delete