Sunday, July 1, 2012

Brunch's REVENGE!

The ladies all went out for a much deserved brunch, well it started out at a nice ladies brunch and ended well after 10pm at a bar.  It all started innocently enough, kissing Liam bye, leaving him with the girls and Melody and her husband to take over kid duty.  We all caravaned over to the hotel, which has the best brunch in town, it's so freaking good, I'm still dreaming about it.  It was a bubbly brunch, so yum.  After it was all said and done and they kicked us out at 4 we all intended to head on home, swim with the husbands and kids and enjoy the rest of the evening back at our compound...well someone got the brilliant idea to head out for a couple post-brunch drinks.

Those few drinks evolved into a 6 hour post brunch hangout and didn't end until I finally dragged someone away to share a cab with me because I was totally out of cash.  Needless to say the next day was a bit rough.  My head and stomach felt fine.  It was my back that had gone crazy.  I don't know what I did to it, I have no idea, but I was completely unable to bend.  So sitting down, picking up the kids, changing diapers or just generally functioning was difficult. Liam was a trooper about it, especially since he gets his golf days.  Now the big effort is into getting the house ready for our 4th of July party.  I think I've got the menu down, next up shopping, prepping and cooking for the big day.  It's going to be so much fun! 

1 comment:

  1. Your day of girl time sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete