Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Interview

I had an interview for a full time university teaching position.  I was under the impression that it would take place twice a week, which made the 30 min commuter flight possible on those days.  During the interview I was informed the schedule would now be 4 or 5 times per week.  I nearly balked when they said that.  There is no freaking way.  I'm equally afraid that I screwed up answering a few questions, so I won't get it and that since they said they loved my energy and were excited about my suggestions that I will get it.  If I did get it, turning it down would be heartbreaking (good pay, insurance, stipends, 401k), but living apart is not an option again.

On a more hopeful note, I spoke to someone a bit more local about a position, he loved me and invited us to dinner at his house this weekend and gave me some people to contact.  I just hope something comes from all of my networking soon!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I hope you get some good leads :)

    ReplyDelete