Monday, July 9, 2012

We Need A Vacation

Summer fever is setting in and we need to get out of this place.  There are only so many indoor activities that you can come up with for a 20 month old.  Z is driving us and herself crazy! We leave in less than 3 weeks and I can't wait to be able to just let her run in the back garden in the grass.  We won't have to pre-cool the car to make sure I don't burn my hands on the seat belts and steering wheel and that is a plus in my book no matter what.

Boo is growing by leaps and bounds.  She's practically in push up position and super alert during the days.    She's not so great at staying asleep at night, but she's better at just eating and going right back to sleep.  She's starting to hit that fun age where you can start to play.  In addition to pushing up super high to look over the arms of the recliner she has commandeered, she is cooing at us and starting to laugh.  It's making the semi-sleepless nights much more bearable.  

Z is starting to hit the terrible 2s earlier than expected.  She's having fits, trying to throw her weight around and being defiant or just throwing herself on the ground for no reason.  We walk in the door and she just falls down crying, we ask, "what do you want?" we open the door thinking she wants to go outside, she screams even more, we close the door and ask if she wants to play inside and she screams louder.  I can't wait until she can talk and tell us what she wants because 50 questions is only leading to more and more forced tears from her.  But then of course she does something completely adorable and we say how lucky we are.  I think our brain is just keeping us from processing and remembering the tantrums.

The 4th of July party was a lot of fun.  Maybe it was too much fun, Liam had to kick out the stragglers at about 2am.  I snuck upstairs with the kids at about 10:30! How lame is that?!  Apparently people were looking for me, but at that point I was so pooped from making brownies, mini quiche, burger patties and potato salad to even care.  It was a success and we're looking forward to the next party in, oh I don't know, maybe 4 months. 

2 comments:

  1. At first, I thought your title was "We need vaccinations" - oh man, I'm tired! The terrible twos are so hard! Jacob is going through them at age 3 so I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you don't need anything else on your plate, but reading "Brain Rules for Baby" and "Mind in the Making" helped me maintain sanity through Pea's terrible times (for us it was 2.5-3.5). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete