Sunday, August 26, 2012

Round and Round

That's how I feel like I'm running...around in circles.  The job search is still coming up empty.  Lots of applications and leads, but nothing concrete.  Grrrrr.  It's almost September, so boo is what I say to that.  It sucks, but there isn't much I can do about it other than keep applying and letting people know that I'm looking.

My part time gig is going well.  It's pretty easy, people are really happy I'm helping, but I do feel out of the loop.  It's kind of the nature of working remotely, but I need to get more input about how I can actually help and make things work a lot more efficiently.  I mean I thought my previous startup gig was disorganized, this place makes them look like they were functioning with military precision.   

The kids are doing well.  Z is getting bigger everyday and learning so much it's amazing.  She's now saying please, thank you, and bless you without prompting.  She can also run with the big kids, ie 4 yr old boys with no problems!  We were at a birthday party and she freaking loved it and we didn't have any worries about her getting pushed around.  I love that she's so tough, but still wants you to paint her nails and carry around a pocketbook.  Liam and I had a semi-sad moment when she was freaking out and having so much fun about a little Step2 playhouse at Toys R Us and we knew we couldn't get it for her.  So we did the next best thing, Liam brought some cardboard boxes from work and I made her a little house.  Complete with door, windows, a little ringing bell and contact paper chalkboard inside.  She loved it and promptly destroyed it in about 2 days.  But we've scoped out the structural faults and can't wait to make another one!  It was actually a lot of fun.

Boo is kind of hilarious and loves to smile at everyone.  She's also going to have rock hard abs when she's older because of this straining scream thing she does.  It's not about poop or digestion, she just likes to do it.  She's also on the verge of sitting up and can shimmy across the floor if you put one of her favorite toys just out of reach.  I can't believe how big she's getting and although the sleep situation is still touch and go I'm actually looking forward to having another one in a year or so.  This is a big development from 4 weeks ago, where if you had asked me I would have said NEVER and can you take back the ones we have now.  It's amazing what 3.5 hours of solid sleep at a time can do to your mood instead of 2 at a time.

The biggest hurdles to tackle by the end of the year:

  1. Enjoy being home with the kids and stop checking my email for news of a job
  2. GET A JOB
  3. Help Liam study for his professional certification
Seems doable...

No comments:

Post a Comment