Thursday, August 16, 2012

Starting Part Time

Z is growing by leaps and bounds.  It's amazing and I totally see why people start to long for another one once their kids reach this age.  She has her own little personality, likes to play jokes and make us laugh.  It's also amazing how quickly her language skills have developed.  She can name about 20 animals, including a lemur and a giraffe and she's a great big sister.  Boo is the only other person in the family from the way she interacts with her.  It's always, "Where's Boo?", "Hi Boo", "Bye Boo", etc.  And it's freaking adorable.  She is the first one to run over and put the binky back in Boos' mouth if needed and she doesn't try and ram it through her skull anymore.  She's also put up with having Boo puke in her face 3 times in the last 3 weeks.  What a trooper!

Boo is getting over that colic-y thing that she had going on for a month or so.  Our new get her to bed trick is using a set of jingling bells and shaking them over her until she passes out.  I don't know why it works, but it does and I'm not questioning it.  Other than that, now that I'm working I actually find that I'm much more appreciative of the time I have with the kids.  When I come down from the office, I just grab Z and/or Boo and give them big hugs and find that playing the rest of the day is really just so much fun.    Even if that was the only good thing to come out of this part time job it would be worth it.  It also keeps me from freaking out over the fact that in a month my overseas license expires and until I have a job or Liam sponsors me, I'll be trapped at home (more than usual) or have to rely on taxis (yuck).  

In case you hadn't noticed, I've finally started my part time startup job.  The hours are yucky (crazy early) but it's not too taxing and most of the time it's really chill.  They have also been super encouraging about how I've been doing and how they can increase the scope and responsibility of my position soon.  It's totally fine by me as long as I can do it from home.  I'm more than happy to keep doing it for as long as I can.  Ramadan and Eid will be ending soon, which means that the HR departments for full time positions will be back to work. The goal is to secure a job by October when my loan repayment starts.  The part time job will be enough for the payments and some miscellaneous spending, but not too much else.  Once October hits, we'll reassess if we have to...I sure hope not!  If we cannot afford to wait then I'll have Liam sponsor me and get a job, which will be no problem that way.   

1 comment:

  1. I love the bedtime trick, that's hilarious!!

    And I totally know how you feel about being more appreciative of time with the kids :)

    ReplyDelete