Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Freezer Meal Cooking and other miscellany

The past few days I've been trying to do some intense bulk cooking and freezing.  I'm preparing for once I'm working and will not have time to cook. Wishful thinking I know!  But I've been trying to do a lot of meals (meatballs and spaghetti sauce, ground beef, onions and pepper mix, mini fritattas), but I'm kind of stuck.  Those are pretty much the only recipes I seem to be making, well and pancakes, lots and lots of pancakes.  I mean I probably make like 60 pancakes every week.  And it only lasts maybe 2 weeks.  Anyone know of a free freezer meal prep site for good recipes.  I was going to use Once a Month Mom, but she's charging now.  Grrr.

The plan is that I can do a big cook once every few weeks, so we can have breakfast, lunch and dinner ready in the freezer.  I can take out what we want to eat the night before and then Melody can heat it up for when we get home.  Since Z is going to sleep at 6:30-7 this means that once we both get home it's less time wasted cooking and more time spend playing. That's the plan anyway.  Melody is also working side by side with me to learn how we like our food and the recipes we enjoy, but her main priority is the kids, not cooking and I actually like cooking and want to do it.

I have had a few more referral contacts take on my resume and say that I would make a great addition, so far no bites.  I did have a meeting with a public policy institute direct about their operation, but it's crazy small.  Like less than 10 people small, so it was a good contact and we talked about cool things, but nothing is going to come of that.  At least I got to try out my freaking amazing sock bun!  How did I never freaking know about this?! I mean, I'm seriously clueless about all things makeup, hair and general putting myself together know-how.  It's kind of sad, I can tell you in a sec what looks awesome, but have zero ability to do it for myself.  So this was a big step for me in eventually needing to look like a professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment