Sunday, September 16, 2012

Same Same

There is a lot of that going on.  A lot of the same things happening.  Had some people over on Thursday night, chatted, ate way too many sweets, listening to music, ended up watching the movies we put on for the kids and then turned in early.  Pretty much the perfect night!  I also ventured into my first gluten free baking adventure.  We have a friend who has celiac disease and I didn't want her to be left out when it came to the sweets, so we bought a GF mix.  The cookies were a bit overcooked because they don't A) spread on the cookie sheet or B) change color, so there was some guesswork, but were still yummy.  Score!

My friends also let me know there are some jobs I'll be getting interview requests for, but no telling on when it will happen.  No one seems to be in a rush to hire, although they are all swamped because they are understaffed.  It doesn't make sense to me either!

Boo is officially a sitter, sitting up nice and strong and only occasionally falling over.  She's also a roller, which is scary and we've had a few close calls.  Z is talking more and more.  We ask her about school and she proceeds to give us a good 5 minutes of pretty much unintelligible stories with facial expressions and arm movements, so we just go along and nod our heads.  It's also a good distraction method to get her to eat her veggies during dinner.  Everyday she says or does something else and Liam and I just look at her and go, "Wow, where did she learn that?" or "She's getting so big!"  It's weird.

Halloween and the rest of the holiday season and I'm so pumped for it.  It doesn't help that Melody is already chomping at the bit to start decorating. Apparently in the Philippines people start decorating for Christmas about now.  I'm really going to try and hold off, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to wait all the way until Black Friday.  I love this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment