Sunday, November 25, 2012

Black Friday/Cyber Monday Shopping

I'm going with the whole positive visualization as far as work goes, so I've been working on building up my work wardrobe, which consists of absolutely nothing.  I'm working on my way toward college weight, but it's going to be a long while.  Weight aside, I haven't ever actually had a work wardrobe.  My jobs were always fairly laidback, as in dark jeans and a nice shirt would do.  I'm going to be working in a more professional environment, which will require clothes that **gasp** will need to be dry cleaned.

This woman is my wardrobe inspiration! And I've been really taking cues from how she puts outfits together.  Belts, watch, layering, I'm learning all of these skills.  So with all the sales and deals going on right now, I decided to dive in and buy some things.  2 pairs of jeans, 3 pairs of work pants, 3 skirts, 8 shirts and 4 belts are a good start and will keep Liam from badgering me about using some of our shopping budget.  The fact that most things were at least 50% is the only reason I'm even entertaining it.  It will end up costing a lot more, if I buy them in the new year or they won't have anything I like and I'll just buy things I never really wear or like.

I'm going to buy some more jeggings for Z and Boo because Z's were super cute and much easier to wear than kids jeans.  So much more comfy for either of them than stiff denim.  Now the big question is how do we get the stuff over here.  I could have had it shipped here, but it might have gotten stuck in customs/never make it here/not get the sales.  Now I'm just banking on the job, so (1)I'll get a shipping allowance to have things moved over here (2)I'll pick it up when we're back (whenever that may be) (3) I'll get a friend to bring it back when they are coming back from the US.  Definitely banking on option 1!

1 comment:

  1. OMG. That website is going to cause an addiction! Love the outfits she puts together. I've had a work wardrobe for about three years now and I still can't figure out how to rock accessories like belts, scarfs, jewelry. I think I'm hopeless. Aside from that though, I love my work clothes so much more than my comfy clothes. Nordstrom gets a small chunk of my paycheck :)

    ReplyDelete