Monday, December 10, 2012

1 Down 1 To Go

The first interview for job No. 1 went really well.  It seemed more like the interviewer was trying to sell the position to me and letting me know that it wasn't going to be super super fun all of the time, which I definitely already knew.  Jan through April is going to be a bit crazy, which is understandable and I assured her I would be ready for it.  So there will be another interview before an offer.  I'm pretty sure I'll get a second round, but would definitely be completely bummed if I didn't get it.  The HR person I met with after said that they had gotten hundreds of applications for this position, so it was a really good sign that I made it to this point.  Fingers crossed.  Also a bonus, I was informed that the position would come with an professional development/conference leave, which means they would fly me to and pay for one every year.  Sweet!  The timeline for the start date would be a bit murky because the hiring manager is leaving for 2 weeks over the holidays, so they are hoping to get second interviews in before she leaves and a start date would be in mid to late January.

I'm meeting with a friend, who is in a similar role for Job No. 2 at another company, for lunch to discuss things I should know that might not be obvious.  It will be interesting to see if they are doing second interviews for this one, since I would imagine the pool might be smaller since it was taken down about 4 months ago.  Or maybe everyone else applying is like me and still eagerly awaiting a phone call!  Either one of these would be an awesome Christmas present!

No comments:

Post a Comment