Thursday, January 31, 2013

Don't Call Until You Put It In My Hand!

That's what I feel like saying to everyone who has mentioned anything to me about a job.  My friend who urgently contacted me about a consulting positions with the words "You can start immediately!!!!!" has fallen off the face of the earth.  I can start immediately doesn't seem to coincide with not getting back to me after more than a week....

The other position that I did the second round, where they told me they would get back to me last week...seems there is some issue with finance.  I don't even know if I've been selected, but I know they haven't selected anyone.  They haven't told anyone why the hold up, if you're going to give someone a deadline to inform them at least let them know you haven't come to a decision yet.  I'm sure the issue will be ironed out, but it's annoying that if my friend didn't tell me about the hold up I would just have assumed that I didn't get the job.  That might still be the case, but still just help a chick out.

Don't even get started on the "we'll contact you mid-Jan" folks who I know through insiders haven't contacted anyone for second rounds.  Or the "can you please apply for this position?" over 4 weeks ago for another job.  It's totally disheartening to the point where I just feel like I should stop trying because even when everything is going "great" nothing freaking happens! Now once I get a job I'm sure I'll look back on all of this and laugh, but until then grrrrr.  Don't contact me until the offer letter is ready to go.

P.S. I have been super productive and made over 10 types of baby food for Z.  I've also made about 15 freezer/crockpot meals for the family, so at least there is that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment