Saturday, January 19, 2013

Freaking broken phone!

My phone screen started to freak out again.  It would flicker back and forth and then eventually just stopped working and it was completely black.  Previously, we bought a crappy Nokia for me to use and I was fine to just not even bother getting it fixed for a while.  I didn't want to spend another $60 when I have the Nokia that works just fine.  Liam finally convinced me to go and see if they would fix it because it was just fixed 3 weeks ago. Maybe they wouldn't charge us?  So I walked in and they fixed it.  With an eyebrow hubba hubba move from the guy behind the counter he let me know that I could just take it.  There was no payment needed.  I would say I'm not above flirting for getting in phone fixed for free, but I didn't even flirt.  I just stood there in my giant scarf sweater and pony tail and tried not to bump into the like 2 dozen men all waiting to get their phones fixed.

Phone is fixed and I could finally see the messages I received  but couldn't look at because the screen was broken. Oh here's a text from 3 days ago from my friend asking me if I would want a temp position at her job until I find a permanent job! Are you f'ing kidding me!? Of course, I want the job. She's going to ask about the details when she goes into work tomorrow, but I mean come on!  For the 5 days my phone is broken I get this text and of course don't respond.  She said she thinking it was strange I didn't get back to her.  Yeah, I would say so! 

4 comments:

  1. So glad you eventually saw the text message!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for phones being fixed. I feel so naekd without my phone. How bad is that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it when that happens. I had a similar thing happen to me in my previous work, although my phone wasn’t technically broken. I was out of town and in a place where it was very hard to get any signal, and as soon as I was in cellsite range, my phone exploded with messages. Turns out the job I was applying for emailed me if I was still interested in taking the position. Needless to say, I contacted them and apologized profusely for replying two days late. Not the best way to make a first impression.

    ReplyDelete