Thursday, March 14, 2013

Starting in 10 days

They wanted me to start Monday!  I told them I needed another week.  Everything worked out, salary PTO (26 days sweet!), and the other things all look good.  I'm super super nervous.  Like oh my god what am I doing? nervous, but a friend managed to talk me down.  Her advice, don't talk yourself out of it, you'll do just fine and if you don't like it it's easier to look for a job while you're in a job than not.  We're trying to work on figuring out hours, they wanted 9-6, but said some people work 8-5 and they are flexible.  Since the girls are in bed at 6:30 and we try and do dinner at 5:30, I asked if 7-4 would be possible or 7:30-4:30.  They assured me we would give it a shot at 8-5 and see how pick up, drop off and bed times went and we would re-evaluate with everyones needs, including mine.  So I guess that's something.

Now I just have to get all of my work clothes I bought on Black Friday over here to actually look the part of a professional.  So nervous!  We only have one childcare hiccup, since Melody has Tuesdays off, but we think we can get Boo into Z's school for 2 or 3 days a week.  Next hurdle, visas, new drivers license and get another car.  Yikes!

4 comments: