Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Hope I'm Not the Last One Out

Apparently I'm the Supervisors new bff.  I don't know why, but it's not going to keep me there because I know what will happen if everyone else leaves and I'm left.  I have seen evidence of her forwarding "modified" emails to try and foist things off as being someone else's fault.  There have also been accusations of someone losing things that were later found on Supervisor's desk.  I was asked to chase up a document with a client, the partner asked me to check that the client actually received it.  Nope, still on Supervisors desk from February!

I have met with a few members of the office to try and find out what issues there are and what can be done about it.  Apparently everyone has lots of issues, but no real solutions.  I made one suggestion and seem to have the backing of most people.  I'll try and get it implemented as soon as possible.  Even if I'm only there for a short time I would like to try and make some positive improvements.  But if Supervisor is there, it seems like being thrown under the bus would be a daily occurrence and I don't want to have to watch my back constantly, "ain't nobody got time for that!"  But it's official, all the admin and legal secretaries are looking for work elsewhere.  Even one who has been there for 6 years, her exact words, "I'm not putting up with this sh*t anymore." Duly noted.  At least my partners are pretty nice!  I continue to watch the train wreck with rapt attention and semi-amusement.

2 comments:

  1. The Supervisor sounds like a real a**hole! Geez! Kudos to you for trying to leave a positive mark :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're the last one standing, maybe you will get Supervisor's job? Could be a bright side. ;)

    ReplyDelete