Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Trudging along

My meeting with Partner B keeps getting pushed back.  New cases/projects keep coming up and making everyone crazy busy, so there isn't really time to talk over changes.  He did say he would make up all of the push backs with a fancy lunch...we shall see.  The Supervisor is still pretty crazy, but still not to me.  Although I was given an assignment yesterday and literally no one seems to know anything about it!  I asked Supervisor, she just laughed and said "Good Luck" and forwarded me someone's email address to ask them.  I emailed the company finance service desk to see if they would be any help and I got shrugs and another person to contact via email.  I mean how does no one seem to know about a separate billing platform that some of the biggest clients use? I understand that only a few use it, but if they are some of the biggest clients why don't people know how to use it or even where to find info about it!  I can't believe it's coming up to 2 months.  Ugh, I need to change things or I need to peace out.

Boo's finger is healing nicely.  I'm not looking forward to getting the stitches out at all, but I'm hoping it will be over quickly.  She'll be so happy once she can go swimming again! Z is loving our new swingset, but definitely learning the "dont' walk in front of the swing while someone else is on it" lesson the hard way.  We are also looking at possibly moving at the end of the year.  Our contract is up in November and we might just do it.  We're looking for a compound that has some better facilities and a little bigger.  The girls are getting bigger and we'd like more room for them to ride their bikes and also one with a small store, playground and nice pool.  I think that would give life more of a small old school neighbourhood feel than the tiny road feel we get now.  We have looked at a few, but nothing seriously yet, just trying to get the lay of the land and cost.  This becomes especially important as the sh*itshow that is getting your kids into school will begin in the fall if we want Z to leave nursery and go to Preschool.

I used to laugh at those articles in the NYT about parents trying to get their kids into Kindergarten and laughing at how crazy that was because of course I would be living somewhere with good/great public schools...hmmmm not the case.  There are perhaps 6 acceptable schools, which teach either a US, UK or International program.  These schools all have crazy waitlists, but I knew of one friend who got her daughter into one on what seemed like a fluke.  I think it may happen, but I have no idea and I'm not looking forward to everything being so crazy and going to assessments, filling out applications, going on school tours and the generally stress that will be involved with getting a 4 YEAR OLD INTO SCHOOL.  She will be 4! Freaking 4! Can you tell I'm excited for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment