Thursday, June 13, 2013

I'm alive! Barely...

Two sick kids, plus two working parents is a real nut shot! Z was puking all night and Boo is coughing so hard she's retching. We've been having a sandstorm for the past week that makes it feel like someone is sitting on my chest.

I have officially shut the door on the university job I was offered.  The HR manager asked to mee with me after I said I wouldn't be able to take it at the salary they were offering. She was blunt said that they wanted me and what would they need to offer to get me. I gave her a number and she was like, "Wow, we can't do that, but here's what we can offer." I told her I would think about it. It would be a great job, but essentially impossible between the two trips we have coming up.  It would only leave about 3 weeks to plan, coordinate and execute a new student program, handle students graduating in Sept, start all the research grant work and jumpstart 2 new programs, which haven't even gone through the admissions process for August.  I would kind of be setting myself up for failure and working through both vacations. So that definitely colored my feelings about the position even with the bump in pay they counter offered  Then the HR Manager told me she thought I was awesome and outside of this whole work thing would I like to get our kids together! Haha, I said sure, she seemed nice and it's so hard to find friends around here, so we're hanging out next weekend and getting the families together.

The office manager position is still a nebulous thing, but they keep trying to give me the responsibilities without the official offer. I've been pushing back and will continue to do so. I have also been warned off of taking the position by everyone who has brought it up to me! I don't know how that makes me feel. I think it just boils down to the office is such a mess that it would be nearly impossible for almost anyone to fix it. Pretty essential things aren't being monitored and I'm not sure what kind of job I would be in for. I was also told that they pay most likely won't be that great. Quasi-supervisor received a 3% raise for a promotion and taking over a major function at 2 offices. Not to say the job Quasi-supervisor is doing is well done, but I mean that's pretty bad.

If taking over the position means a minimal bump, plus a sh*t ton more responsibility and more time away from my family...not going to happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment