Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Suggestions on ways you celebrate holidays

My previous post on raising kids in another culture noted that creating those connections is something that's important for me. Now that the girls are getting older and more aware I think Liam and I are much more alert about the fact that we need to start creating these traditions for them. It's not something that they will pick up in the couse of things, if we don't make an effort. It's weird trying to think back to the things that I enjoyed as a child mainly because it's not until someone reminds me or there is a trigger that I go, oh yeah that was so much fun. We are determined to celebrate all of the holidays we can in a more meaningful fashion. Reading books about the holidays, singing songs, coloring pictures, all of that will be part of things going forward. Any suggestions on what you do for the holidays(any of them)?

No comments:

Post a Comment