Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Making Improvements

These improvements are at work and at home.  First, at home Liam and I are trying to be healthier. I'm getting an Up by Jawbone for my birthday. We've changed our eating habits and the next step is an exercise overhaul, ie starting to exercise. Our date nights will be kettlebell classes and other fun stuff. Once it cools down, walks along the water and maybe a game night at a local arcade.

The girls are back at nursery, YES. But Liam's project is now on the other side of town, booo. So it's just another reason I want to get a job at the university I want to get a job at. They are adorable as ever and I love when I peek into the living room from the kitchen and they are playing together and being adorable. Any then Boo pulls Z's hair and it's all over!

At work, I'm made a few improvements as office manager, which have been met with overwhelming enthusiasm. They aren't big things, mainly things done to make my life easier or things I would like to have happen and everyone is loving them. I almost feel like I'm being lulled into a false sense of security and everyone will turn around and say how much they hate everything I'm doing. If it weren't for the fact that the organization is dysfunctional, has an unpredictable budget and hasn't given my a pay raise I would think of staying. Haha.

On the job hunt, I'm aggressively going after jobs. I'm working contacts I've been cultivating for months to finally have something happen soon. The academic year is gearing up and everyone is getting back in the game. I will make this happen by the end of this year.

2 comments:

  1. would love to follow your blog via email..how do i do that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley! Thanks for reading, I have no idea actually! Do you use a blog reader like Feedly? That's what I use, I hope you can figure it out.

      Delete