Thursday, December 5, 2013

Trying to figure it out

I'm still in wtf am I doing mode. It feels like everyone is putting a whole lot of stock in my legal knowledge when it comes to the contracts, but they are mainly hotel, catering, and equipment agreements that will have to go through main campus anyway. It seems pretty straightforward or I'm missing something huge. Liam thinks it's just people's innate fear of all things legal.

Computer science crash courses are in my future. I wish I had taken a few classes. Designing databases and Sharepoint site would make my life a lot more productive now. I'm thinking my yearly training may just be programming-based this year.

Thanksgiving was great! We had a large friends celebration with a bunch of new people on the day and the girls had so much fun running around outside with all the other kids in attendance. Work also had a Thanksgiving dinner at a hotel. The girls were running around, jumping in the moon bounce,  getting their faces painted and having balloon animals made, which promptly popped when they laid them down on the grass. We didn't have many leftovers which was a bummer, but we're hoping to have more after Christmas dinner.

Z had an uneventful 3rd birthday. I can't believe she's getting so big. My little one will be in school next year with a little uniform and all that jazz. She's so hilarious sometimes with her favorite phrases, "It's so delicious", "Of course", "I'm very upset with you" and other gems. Z also loves being a great big sister, showing Boo how to work the iPad, climb the play kitchen and get water out of the water cooler. She's turning into a serious little leader. I can definitely tell why first borns tend to take leadership positions. They are always used to having someone follow. That's not to say that Boo doesn't assert her dominance from time to time. She's not above a bit of hairpulling to get her very serious points across. With the new job, Liam's workload and just general holiday craziness, we didn't do much for Z's birthday. Z and I made cupcakes the day before school for her class and then we had cupcakes at home. We got her a balloon as a present and she loved it. They had days of fun with that one. Other than that we've been buying our gifts online for the family to send over and wrapping as we go along buying a few things here or there.

I was also told today that Liam could be eligible for a benefit through my job we didn't think he would be, unfortunately not health insurance (bummer), but a travel allowance, which would be a nice pay bump. Or they will be deducting that amount from my paychecks over the next few months. I asked and they said it was all good, so I'll be super pissed if they come back in a few months like...wow, yeah you shouldn't have gotten that...

So that's pretty much it. Next week will be laid back because everyone is starting to leave the country. I'm excited for all the gingerbread house, sing-a-long and school Christmas party the girls will be having. 

No comments:

Post a Comment