Saturday, February 15, 2014

Back again

Kid craziness, family colds and general blah have kept me from writing much. Life's kind of strange now that I have my current job. I was working on getting one in this area since graduation almost 2 years ago and now I have it. It's just as great as I thought it would be, but it's definitely lead to a "what now" kind of hole. The girls are great and we're running to classes, baking, cooking and I'm exercising 2-3 times a week at the gym pre-pick up.

So of course I can't just be happy about what and go along with it! So I started jobhunting, not to leave this job!!!!! OMG, would not freaking happen, but for something I could do on the side to make some extra cash and help with loan repayment. I applied for some remote startup jobs, my personal favorite, and I made it to the first round for one and have a phone call with another this coming week.

I'm actually kind of pissed that I didn't know about these two companies earlier. As in, well before law school/during law school, because they seem pretty awesome. They are both super super flexible, no set hours, vacation whenever you want and amazingly family friendly. I'll see what will come of it, but it would be great to have projects to work on during my own time after the girls have gone to bed, since Liam's been working like a dog and I don't see that changing anytime soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment