Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Things are pretty boring

I've been gone for over a month and it's all the same old stuff. It's Ramadan, which means most places are closed during the day, the roads are deserted (Yes!), the girls are in summer camp and there's a shortened work day. All in all, Ramadan is pretty cool from a non-observing standpoint. Liam gets out of work earlier, which means he's taking the girls to the pool pretty much every afternoon.

Liam got this HUGE certification that he's been studying for forever, which is such a relief. He's now looking at possibly starting a masters program. Also, in August he'll start networking and seeing what other opportunities might be out there. I'm so excited for him because he's awesome and really deserves to be appreciated for all of the hard work he does!

We leave for our US trip pretty soon and I'm so looking forward to it. We have so many thing to do/see/eat while we are there. I've put myself on a pretty good budget, which is made easier by the fact that I bought pretty much a years worth of clothes for me and the girls when I was back on my business trip. I do need to buy bathing suits for everyone and Liam needs work shirts. Other than that, we'll probably stock up on more kids gifts for parties in the new school year and craft stuff we can't get over here.

The girls are so excited about getting on a plane. They have their backpacks. Are already picking out their snacks and I'm getting my lists and itinerary together. I'm trying to decide if I should laminate the itinerary :) We're packing light going out, so that we can load up coming in. It's a whole lot cheaper to pay for excess baggage than ship things over here. Hooray for work reimbursements.!

Still doing that second job hunt, which has so far been pretty blah. I haven't really been going balls to the wall the past month or so. I think I'm going to leave it until after our trip and pick things back up in August. I will be meeting with someone that I was connected with through a friend, while I'm Stateside, but that's about it.

I also randomly met someone who went to my alma mater who works in compliance at a company nearby. I happened to be wearing my alma mater tshirt at Z's soccer end of year party and she came up to me. So we're going to get together in August. I think that will be a fun conversation, she seems nice. I doubt there will be tons to talk about anytime soon, unless a 2nd job pans out.

Life =

  • wake up, get everyone ready for school/work
  • drive to work
  • work
  • pick up the girls/drive home
  • 1 hour playtime with the girls
  • dinner
  • 1 hour playtime/dance party/puzzle time with the girls when Liam gets home
  • bed
  • Rinse repeat
Enjoying the little moments, trying to piece together long term plans, window house hunting. 

4 comments:

  1. Occasional lurker here. In which country do you live? (I had been assuming you were somewhere in Europe, but the Ramadan reference threw that out. . .)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in the Persian/Arabian Gulf. Definitely not Europe, I wish! :)

      Delete
  2. YES to laminating the itinerary! Wow, you are so organized :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about trying to get us and my 20 person family following crew on the same page for this summer. Also trying to determine the budget for everything ahead of time, so we don't overspend!

      Delete